what am i doing wrong?

Esther 70.***.198.122 4494

작년쯤에 유행했던 글인데…
    원문찾으려니 안보이네요 눈이 침침해서….

연봉 5억 받는 남자와 결혼하고 싶은 여자와 그에 대한 답변

미국 최대 (비상업) 중고품 거래 사이트인 craigslist.org 게시판에 올라온 글입니다.

postingid : 431649184

title : what am i doing wrong?

okay, i’m tired of beating around the bush.

i’m a beautiful (spectacularly beautiful) 25 year old girl.

i’m articulate and classy.

i’m not from new york.

i’m looking to get married to a guy who makes at least half a million a year.

i know how that sounds, but keep in mind that a million a year is middle class in new york city, so i don’t think i’m overreaching at all.

are there any guys who make 500k or more on this board?

any wives?

could you send me some tips?

i dated a business man who makes *erage around 200 – 250.

but that’s where i seem to hit a roadblock. 250,000 won’t get me to central park west.

i know a woman in my yoga class who was married to an investment banker and lives in tribeca, and she’s not as pretty as i am, nor is she a great genius.

so what is she doing right? how do i get to her level?

here are my questions specifically:

where do you single rich men hang out? give me specifics- bars, restaurants, gyms

what are you looking for in a mate? be honest guys, you won’t hurt my feelings

Is there an age range i should be targeting (im 25)?

why are some of the women living l*ish lifestyles on the upper east side so plain?

i’ve seen really ‘plain jane’ boring types who h*e nothing to offer married to incredibly wealthy guys.

i’ve seen drop dead gorgeous girls in singles bars in the east village.

what’s the story there?

jobs i should look out for?

everyone knows – lawyer, investment banker, doctor.

how much do those guys really make?

and where do they hang out?

where do the hedge fund guys hang out?

how you decide marriage vs. just a girlfriend?

i am looking for marriage only

please hold your insults – i’m putting myself out there in an honest way.

most beautiful women are superficial; at least i’m being up front about it.

i wouldn’t be searching for these kind of guys if i wasn’t able to match them – in looks, culture, sophistication, and keeping a nice home and hearth.

postingid : 432279810

the answer

dear pers – 431649184:

i read your posting with great interest and h*e thought- meaningfully about your dilemma.

i offer the following *ysis of your predicament.

firstly, i’m not wasting your time, i qualify as a guy who fits your bill; that is i make more than $500k per year.

that said here’s how i see it.

your offer, from the prospective of a guy like me, is plain and simple a crappy business deal.

here’s why.

cutting through all the b.s., what you suggest is a simple trade:

you bring your looks to the party and i bring my money.

fine, simple.

but here’s the rub, your looks will fade and my money will likely continue into perpetuity…in fact, it is very likely that my income increases but it is an absolute certainty that you won’t be getting any more beautiful!

so, in economic terms you are a depreciating asset and i am an earning asset.

not only are you a depreciating asset, your depreciation accelerates!

let me explain, you’re 25 now and will likely stay pretty hot for the next 5 years, but less so each year.

then the fade begins in earnest. by 35 stick a fork in you!

so in wall street terms, we would call you a trading position, not a buy and hold…hence the rub…marriage.

it doesn’t make good business sense to “buy you” (which is what you’re asking) so i’d rather lease.

in case you think im being cruel, i would say the following.

if my money were to go away, so would you, so when your beauty fades i need an out.

it’s as simple as that.

so a deal that makes sense is dating, not marriage.

separately, i was taught early in my career about efficient markets.

so, i wonder why a girl as “articulate, classy and spectacularly beautiful” as you has been unable to find your sugar daddy.

i find it hard to believe that if you are as gorgeous as you say you are that the $500k hasn’t found you, if not only for a tryout.

by the way, you could always find a way to make your own money and then we wouldn’t need to h*e this difficult conversation.

with all that said, i must say you’re going about it the right way. classic “pump and dump.”

i hope this is helpful, and if you want to enter into some sort of lease, let me know.

저는 depreciating asset….???

• ㅋㅋㅋ 24.***.157.59

친구들이 막 이 이야기 들려주길래 도데체 뭔 소린가 했는데,
      아 이런 게시물이었구나.
      ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

lawyer, doctor, IB 중에서 돈 젤 많이 버는건 무조건 IB 인듯.

• ㄷㄷㄷ 71.***.31.105

저 Mr. 초쿰 짱인듯!!!

• bread 74.***.17.156

저도 같은 글을 올릴까 말까 하다가 말았는데, Esther님이 올리셨군요.

처음에는 남자의 글이 재미있어서 읽었는데, 다시 보니 여자나 남자나 추구하는 부분 (여자는 돈을 찾고, 남자는 외모를 찾는) 에서 과연 사람과 사람이 만나는데 그 부수적인 부분에 신경을 너무 많이 써서, 정작 중요한 것들을 인생에서 잃어버리고 있구나 하는 생각을 해 보았습니다.

싱글의 삶을 추구하시던지, 배우자를 찾으시던지, 모두 Good Luck 하시기를…

• 시간때우기 208.***.110.194

7-8년전에 한국에서 한때 결혼정보회사 (듀x) 에 가입조건 테스트라는게 돌아 다녔었었죠 … 남녀 각각 몇가지 항목에 대해 자기의 현재 조건을 입력하고 점수를 계산해서 60점인가 이상이어야만 가입이 가능하다는 거였는데요 …일종의 셀프 테스트같은 ….
      남자의 경우는 현재 연봉과 학력이 가장 가중치가 높은 항목이었고
      여자의 경우는 외모와 부모님의 재산정도와 부모님의 사회적 지위가 가장 가중치가 높은 항목이었네요 여자의 외모에는 키와 몸무게 포함 미모의 정도 심지어 안경을 꼈느냐 안꼈느냐 뭐 이런것도 있었는듯 …

그때그때까지 번돈으로 전신성형이라도 했으면( 미녀는 괴로워 처럼 ) 지금 이러고 있지 않았을 까요 ? 후후 갑자기 왠 이런생각이 …

• jason 88.***.235.52

i agree pump and dump prior to decay over time. thats all about trading.

in story, she desperately proposed her unapproved beauty to public – she was quite in blonde mode; i once became to know the weakness of blonde that was easily bashed with $$$, no matter how gentle thats not the major consideration from blondes. in response, he basically showed off his annual net income, not quite sure about his annual cash flow. perhaps, his net change in cash had been negative for yrs while his long term debt had been growing 50% every year with no retirement of debt. plus, a bunch of cheap properties he bought must have been built next to swamps in florida; some are in foreclosure and some in tax liens, and on and on.. it looks like both were originally from the wealthiest black community in the states. what a story….

now it gets crystal clear why i should put my dog on long position meanwhile shorting on gals. keep on good posting.