VSC Transfers 5,000 I-129 and 22,000 I-130 Petitions

Hooyou 222.***.1.27 3156

Due to high workload surges, the Vermont Service Center (VSC) recently transferred 5,000 I-129 Petitions to the Texas Service Center (TSC). The VSC also transferred 22,000 I-130 Petitions to the California Service Center (CSC). For details of this event, please see the following public notice from USCIS.

To meet our customers needs more efficiently, USCIS periodically shifts work from one service center to another in order to balance workload with capacity. Due to unusually high workload surges, the Vermont Service Center (VSC) recently transferred nearly 5,000 Petitions for Nonimmigrant Workers (Form I-129) to the Texas Service Center (TSC). VSC also transferred approximately 22,000 Petitions for Alien Relatives (Form I-130) to the California Service Center.

Customers should not be alarmed if they receive notices from the Texas or California Service Center about a case they initially mailed to VSC. When customers receive such a notice, they should route any questions about their case to the service center from which they received their last notice. Other than receiving correspondence from a different location, this is a seamless change for USCIS customers.

If necessary, USCIS reserves the right to transfer additional cases in the future. USCIS has incorporated that level of flexibility into our processing in order to ensure timely case processing.