Should I go to Korea and come back?

need advice 128.***.78.82 3891

Hello, everyone. I need advice.
    I have filed in H1b via premium processing two days ago.
    I am J1 scholar and got waiver.
    My current DS-2019 ends April 15,2005. However, I am actually finishing my program Sep 1,2004. My sponsor of J1 visa will contact the international student office to inform that I am actually finishing my program this September 1.

I talked to person at internation student office. If I finish my program 30 days earlier than the original date, I am going to get 15 days of grace period. In this case, am I going to be out of status for Sep 16 to30? Is it gonna be problem when I apply for Green card and citizen ship?
    Or since I already applied for H1b before my current program ends, is it not gonna be a problem?

The other way to avoid problem is go back early in September, get stamp for H1 visa and come back late in September. But this is gonna be a little tight schdule. However, I made an appointment for H1b interview just in case at Seoul on Sep 10.

I like to hear what you guys think about this.
    I really need your advice and appreciate it.^^

• advice 64.***.251.124

You must not have an illegal status in any cases if you want to apply green card. As far as I know, J1 visa holder has to go back to his or her country for two years before they apply a new visa. That was an initial agreement when you got J1 visa. If you could get h1b, then it couldn’t be better.

• ss 63.***.129.39

I understand you’ve got the waiver already. How about you ask your J sponsor not to contact the office for thirty days about your early finishing? Then you have until Sep/30 and you will be fine. Just a thought.

• needadvice 128.***.78.82

Thanks “advice” and “ss”.