Summary of Functions
The Quality Control Specialist may visually inspect or manually test raw materials or complete products of automobile components, before, during, or after the manufacturing process. Specialists may also run and monitor inspection equipment, as well as record and analyze quality data. The main objective is to test the product for its intended use and make sure it performs up to the manufacturer’s specifications. This role may perform duties in a workstation, assembly line, measuring room, or a department office. This position is also responsible for ensuring plant quality control procedures are being followed to prevent the production of bad or unacceptable blocks.
• Submits reports to Quality Control Manager. The daily report should note QC activities being performed, any test reports of materials, any problems noted during the day.
• Checks and signs off on each pallet of the block to be shipped.
• Periodically trains production personnel per proper QC procedures.
• Performs analysis of raw materials and designs for quality, cost, and effectiveness.
• Maintains all equipment required for quality control testing.
• Ensures QC check list is being followed and keeps the finalized checklist for review.
• Ensures parts meet above standard specifications and are approved acceptable to supply.
• Performs complete layout inspection by measuring dimensions, such as length, height, and distance, between reference points, using precision instruments.
• Visually compares work pieces against one another to assess/detect manufacturing variations in processes.
• Assists and/or trains operators on part visual acceptability, and measurement and process procedures as required.
• Maintains record of inspections and prepares list of defects, interacts with other departments to ensure compliance with specification and to facilitate the acceptance of parts.
• Performs all work safely in a fast-paced work environment.
The ability to lift up to 25 pounds to move objects is required. Must possess strength, stamina, and mobility to perform low physical work indoors with minimum exposure to dust. Walking, lifting, reaching, stooping, standing, grasping, balancing, climb, kneeling, and crouching are generally required for some assignments.
• Demonstrate the ability to hear and have specific vision abilities to adjust focus, in an environment subject to noise, dust, etc.
• The office is located inside the plant with equipment noise and frequent interruptions such as phone calls and contact with staffs.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Mathematics concentration in mechanical engineering or other related fields preferred.
• Knowledge of computer and measuring instruments.
• Experience with a manufacturing or processing company preferred.
• Close attention to detail.
• Good organizational and strong interpersonal skills.
• Proficient, quick and, comfortable with personal computer navigation and operation.
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
• Flexibility based on plant production schedules.
• Bilingual in English and Korean required, Spanish is a big plus.
• Experience in inspection and measurement of auto body parts preferred.
• 401(k) Matching
• Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
• Parental Leave
• Flexible Spending Account
• Paid Time Off
• Employee Assistance Program
Starting Salary: $24.04/hour DOE (hourly, non-exempt)
This description is a general statement and does not include other duties as assigned.
SIMWON America Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/EEO.
Please send your resume to our HR Specialist, Karina Penaloza, to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org