Summary of Functions
The Quality Control Assistant Manager is responsible for ensuring raw materials and manufactured products of automobile components meet set standards of quality, reliability, and performance. The Assistant Manager may visually inspect or manually test raw materials or complete products of automobile components, before, during, or after the manufacturing process. This position is also responsible for evaluating client requirements to ensure their needs are met by set customer service standards. The main objective is to test the product for its intended use and make sure it performs up to the manufacturer’s specifications. May assist with establishing procedures and processes for sampling, recording, and reporting of quality data and ensure plant quality control procedures are being followed to prevent the production of bad or unacceptable blocks.
• Reviews the reports of QC activities being performed, any test reports of materials, or any problems during the day.
• Implements internal/external quality requirements to ensure company products/services meet customer expectations.
• Periodically trains production personnel to enhance their skill and knowledge of product quality requirements.
• Performs analysis of raw materials and designs for quality, cost, and effectiveness.
• Conducts and monitors the analysis/inspection of raw materials and final products to ensure compliance with set specifications.
• Ensures QC check list is being followed and keeps the finalized checklist for review.
• Ensures manufacturing processes comply with local and global standards of production.
• Specifies quality requirements for raw materials obtained from vendors and suppliers.
• Conducts quality audits to make sure set quality policies and procedures are being adhered to.
• Oversees the training of quality assurance personnel to ensure an effective work unit.
• Maintains proper records and documentation of quality tests and other quality-related activities.
• Interacts with other departments to ensure compliance with specification and to facilitate the acceptance of parts.
• Prepares and presents to senior management reports of quality operations.
• Approves compliant products and reject defective ones.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or other related fields, preferred.
• Knowledge of computer and measuring instruments.
• Experience in an automotive manufacturing company strongly preferred.
• 2+ year of experience in inspection and measurement at a manufacturing or processing company required.
• 2+ years in QC or Production Experience.
• Bilingual in English and Korean preferred, Spanish is a plus.
• Analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Close attention to detail.
• Good organizational and strong interpersonal skills.
• Overtime expected and required on short notice, with flexibility based on plant production schedules.
• Proficient, quick and, comfortable with personal computer navigation and operation.
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
• Flexibility based on plant production schedules.
The ability to lift up to 25 pounds to move objects is required. Must possess strength, stamina, and mobility to perform low physical work indoors with minimum exposure to dust. Walking, lifting, reaching, stooping, standing, grasping, balancing, climb, kneeling, and crouching are generally required for some assignments.
• Demonstrate the ability to hear and have specific vision abilities to adjust focus, in an environment subject to noise, dust, etc.
• The office is located inside the plant with equipment noise and frequent interruptions such as phone calls and contact with staffs.
Salary Range: $64k-88k/year DOE (salaried, exempt)
• 401(k), 401(k) Matching
• Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
• Parental Leave
• Paid Time Off
• Relocation Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance Program
Please send you resume to our HR Specialist, Karina Penaloza, at the following email: email@example.com
This description is a general statement and does not include other duties as assigned.
SIMWON America Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.