Summary of Functions
As a strategic partner, the Production Engineering Specialist ensures the performance of facility equipment and processes including management of maintenance staff in auto body parts manufacturer. These duties include reviewing and distributing work and personnel schedules, conferring with department management to determine the progress of work and completion dates, and compiling reports on the progress of work, labor hours, costs, and production problems. This role is also responsible to maintain, troubleshoot, and/or test robotic equipment or related automated production systems. Most tasks involve establishing records and information, as well as managing the operation of all equipment and robotic processes for the facility.
• Troubleshoots systems, using programmable controllers, electronics, circuit analysis, mechanics, sensor, etc.
• Designs, configures, and uses the application of robotic systems and modifies computer-controlled robot movements.
• Disassembles and reassembles robots or peripheral equipment to make repairs.
• Performs preventative or corrective maintenance on electromechanical equipment and robotic systems.
• Able to troubleshoot robotics using Yaskawa and Kuka.
• Prior experiences in PLC platforms such as Melsec, Mitsubishi preferred.
• Maintains service records of robotic equipment or automated production systems.
• Reviews documents, such as production schedules, work orders, or staffing spreadsheets to determine personnel or materials requirements and priorities.
• Manages department supervisors or other personnel to assess progress and discuss needed changes.
• Examines documents, materials, or products and monitors work processes to assess completeness, accuracy, and conformance to standards and specifications.
• Manages inventories of spare parts such as sensors and cables.
• Calculates figures, such as required amounts of labor materials, manufacturing costs, or wages.
• Compiles and prepares documentation related to production sequences, personnel schedules, and maintenance, or repair orders.
• Carries good CAD skills to map out a production layout and other related duties, etc.
• Performs all work safely in a fast-paced work environment.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering preferred.
• Experience on Robotics programming and applications (Kuka, Yaskawa) highly preferred.
• 1+ years of experience in manufacturing, auto parts manufacturing experience preferred.
• Experience on Hot-press forming or PLC platforms such as Melsec, or Mitsubishi preferred.
• Basic Programming is a plus.
• Knowledge of lean manufacturing, six sigma, and value engineering preferred.
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment and prioritize workload.
• Team player with high energy and a can-do attitude.
• Ability to make sound decisions under pressure.
• Bilingual in English and Korean required, Spanish is a plus.
• Strong math skills, with capability of understanding and conducting basic arithmetic and statistical operations.
• Ability to quickly recognize errors and inconsistencies in numerical data (good analysis skills).
• Ability to perform advanced office function using Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Excellent supervisory skills and communication skills.
The ability to lift up to 25 pounds to move objects is required. Must possess strength, stamina, and mobility to perform low physical work indoors with minimum exposure to dust.
• Walk, lift, reach, stoop, stand, grasp, balance, climb, kneel, and crouch for extended periods of time.
• Will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers or standing for hours at a time.
• Demonstrate the ability to hear and have specific vision abilities to adjust focus, in an environment subject to noise, dust, etc.
• The office is located in a production environment facing constant noise and will be in contact with other staff.
Starting Wage: $24.04/hour (hourly, non-exempt)
• 401(k) Matching
• Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
• Parental Leave
• Paid Time Off
• Relocation Assistance
• Employee Assistance Program
This description is a general statement and does not include other duties as assigned.
SIMWON America Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/EEO.
Please send your updated personal resume to our HR Specialist, Karina Penaloza, at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org