Summary of Functions
As a strategic partner, the Production Control Specialist coordinates and expedites the flow of work and materials according to production schedule. These duties include reviewing and distributing shipment schedules, conferring with department supervisors to determine progress of work and completion dates, and compiling reports on progress of work, inventory levels, costs, and production problems. Accordingly, duties may also include monitoring production rates, contacting customer and checking inventories. Most tasks involve data entry, updating records and information.
• Distributes production schedules and work orders to departments.
• Reviews documents, such as production schedules, work orders to determine materials requirements and priorities.
• Requisitions and maintains inventories of materials or supplies necessary to meet production demands.
• May coordinate arrangements for delivery.
• Confers with department supervisors or other personnel to assess progress and discuss needed changes.
• Confers with customers to coordinate production or shipping activities and to resolve complaints or eliminate delays.
• Examines documents, materials, or products and monitors work processes to assess completeness, accuracy, and conformance to standards and specifications.
• Records production data, including volume produced or consumption of raw materials.
• Contacts suppliers to verify shipment details and coordinates shipping activities with external parties.
• Compiles information, such as production rates and progress, materials inventories, materials used, or customer information, to complete status reports.
• Compiles and inputs information related to inventories, transportation, or purchase.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• Associates Degree in related field preferred.
• 2+ years manufacturing experience preferred.
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment and prioritize workload.
• Team player with high energy and a can-do attitude.
• Ability to make sound decisions under pressure.
• Bilingual English/Korean required, Spanish is a plus.
• Required to have effective communication skills both verbal as well as written.
• Overtime expected and required on short notice, with flexibility based on plant production schedules.
• Strong math skills, with capability of understanding and conducting basic arithmetic and statistical operations.
• Ability to quickly recognize errors and inconsistencies in numerical data (good analysis skills).
• Familiar with Microsoft Office programs such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Close attention to detail is essential.
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
Work is considered low physical work in an office and production setting, requiring the exertion of 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 25 pounds of force frequently, and up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Must possess strength, stamina, and mobility to perform low physical work indoors with minimum exposure to dust.
Must be able to:
• Walk, lift, reach, stoop, stand, grasp, balance, climb, kneel, and crouch for extended periods of time.
• Regularly required to sit, stand, use hands to handle objects and reach with hands and arms.
• Will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers or standing for hours at a time.
• Some lifting of supplies and materials from time to time.
• Demonstrate the ability to hear and have specific vision abilities to adjust focus, in an environment subject to noise, dust, etc.
• Perform all work safely in a fast-paced work environment.
• The incumbent is located in a quiet office area and is faced with constant phone interactions and will be in contact with other staff.
Starting Salary: $24.04/hour DOE (hourly, non-exempt)
• 401(k) Matching
• Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
• Parental Leave
• Flexible Spending Account
• Paid Time Off
• Employee Assistance Program
Please send your resume to our HR Specialist, Karina Penaloza, to the following email: email@example.com
This description is a general statement and does not include other duties as assigned.
SIMWON America Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/EEO.