opt 기간 중에 f-1 연장

jy 115.***.126.49 534

저는 올해 봄 대학을 졸업하고 7월 20일 부터 opt를 시작했어요.
    F-1 비자 만기는 올 10월 까지라서 한국에 들어온 김에 F-1 비자를 연장하려고 하는데

1. 졸업 이후 opt 기간이 많이 남았는데 f-1 비자 연장이 가능할까요?
    2. 지금 잡 오퍼를 받아서 9월부터 출근인데 employment letter를 받을 수 있고, 졸업한 학교측에서도 support letter를 작성해준다고 합니다.
    3. F-1 비자 연장이 실패할 경우 다른 비자 (o-1) 을 받을 때 불이익이 생기나요?

• Goodluck 174.***.25.18

https://isso.columbia.edu/content/travel-during-f-1-opt

다음에는 혼자 찾아보세요!
      화이팅!

• 2cents 206.***.106.22

https://www.colorado.edu/isss/sites/default/files/attached-files/opt_travel_faq.08162022.pdf#:~:text=Can%20I%20renew%20my%20F,an%20F%2D1%20student%20visa.

Can I renew my F-1 student visa while on post-completion OPT or the STEM OPT Extension?
      Yes. Students who are on OPT may apply for an F-1 student visa.
      You will need a valid EAD as well as evidence that you already have a job or will have a job in the U.S. in your major field of study, along with the other required visa renewal documents.
      When you apply for your F-1 student visa, you should have the following:
      • A valid passport
      • An I-20 signed in the last six months
      • You do not need to pay the SEVIS fee again. Please be sure you take your I-901 SEVIS fee receipt.
      • A valid Employment Authorization Document (EAD card)
      • An official job offer letter.
      o ISSS recommends the offer letter show your salary, location of employment, whether the job is
      full-time or part-time, job duties, etc. You should be prepared to clearly explain how the job is related to your field of study.
      If you need to renew your F1 student visa while on OPT, ISSS recommends you speak with an ISSS advisor to discuss the possible risks involved.
      OPT is a benefit of the non-immigrant F-1 status which means if you indicate immigrant intent to the U.S. consular official, your F-1 visa could be denied.
      Now that you are finished with your academic program and are on OPT, you must be prepared to clearly demonstrate non-immigrant intent.

학교 담당자나 변호사 상담이 필요하지 않을까요? 거절 될 확률이 높아 보입니다.

• ….. 73.***.250.46

OPT는 F-1 비자의 연장 프로그램이기 때문에 F-1이 거절되면 OPT도 자동소멸입니다. 다만 이는 학교 프로그램의 연장이라 학교에서 지원만 해준다면 무리 없이 연장 할 수 있을것으로 여겨집니다. Job Offer Letter EAD 학교 support doc 꼭 챙기시고요

• 저도 136.***.108.140

내년에 h1b떨어지면 학교를 또 가고 다음학기부터 파트타임으로 회사 다니면서 h1b 재도전 하려고 하는데요 나이도 많은 여자 싱글인데 f1비자 잘 나오길 기도해야겠네요 연장이 어려운 건지 몰랐어요