OPT에 대해서

궁금이 71.***.250.178 2305

저는 미국 A대학에서 석사를 마친후 바로 B대학 박사과정으로 입학을 하고 현재 3년간 다니고 있습니다.
    개인적인 사정으로 인해서 학위를 그만 두고 이번 가을학기부터 OPT를 사용하고자 합니다.
    1. 지금 신청이 가능한지
    2. 만약에 신청이 가능하다면 Grace Period를 사용할 수 있는지 궁금합니다.
    3. 만약에 신청이 불가능하다면 석사때 사용하지 않은 OPT를 지금 사용가능할 까요?

답변부탁드립니다.
    감사합니다.

• 오피티 63.***.85.146

1. 학교마다 policy가 다른데 보통 거의 졸업할 때가 되어야 오피티를 신청할 수 있습니다. 하지만 최소한 ph.d. candidate은 되어야 할겁니다.
      2. 무슨말인지 잘 모르겠습니다.
      3. 안됩니다.

• bestway 68.***.153.221

1. 졸업 전에도 OPT를 사용할 수 있으나 계속 등록을 해야 합니다.
      2. 과정을 정상적으로 끝내야 grace period 60일이 주어집니다. 학교의 허락을 얻어 중간에 관둘 경우 15일입니다. 학교의 허락없이 그냥 관두면 grace period는 없습니다.
      3. 안 됩니다. 반드시 졸업 전에 해야 합니다. 졸업 후에는 신청 불가능합니다.

정 OPT를 사용해야 하는 사정이라면 등록을 계속 하면서 졸업전 OPT 사용하는 것으로 해야 합니다. 학기중에는 파트타임만 가능합니다.

다음 웹사이트를 참고하세요.
      http://www.columbia.edu/cu/isso/visa/F-1/F-1_PT_pre_completion.html

• 궁금이 71.***.250.178

1. 계속 등록을 해야 한다면 9 credits hours를 말하는 것인가요?
      2. 필요한 서류는 무엇이 있나요?

• bestway 68.***.153.221

1. 학위과정중 논문만 남겨놓은 상태가 아니고 방학이 아닌 시기라면 파트타임으로 쓸 수 있으며 풀타임 등록을 해야 합니다. 풀타임 등록을 학교마다 달라서 제가 뭐라고 말을 못 하겠군요.

2.아래 서류를 이민국에 보내기 전에 새 I-20를 받아야 합니다. 학교 인터내셔널 오피스에 물어보십시오.

OPT application checklist:

Form I-765- Original (Place the I-765 form on top of your application materials for prompt identification purposes by USCIS)

Required $180 fee (no cash)- payable to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services by a bank check, money order (please note: a money order is more difficult to track than a check), personal check (in the memo line of the check, please write ”USCIS I-765”)

Photocopies of pages 1 and 3 of all I-20 ‘s issued to you since you first entered in F-1 status for your current degree program, or since you changed to F-1 status. You must also send a photocopy of the I-20 which includes the OPT recommendation. Do not send the originals of any I-20. Be sure you have SIGNED AND DATED all your I-20s on page 1.
      Note: The USCIS wants to see all your I-20s in F-1 status starting from the one marked “initial attendance” or “transfer” (section 3). If you do not have all your I-20s, you should attach a brief explanation of your F-1 status history.

Photocopy of the identification page of the passport that has your photo on it. If the extension of the validity of the passport is on another page, make sure you attach a photocopy of that page as well.

Photocopies of both sides of the I-94 card (the white card in your passport)

Photocopies of both sides of any previously issued EAD cards

Two recent photos of yourself. The USCIS requires that the photos meet the specifications for the full frontal/passport type of photos and not be more than 30 days old when the applications is filed. For more information on photo standards, visit the Department of State website at http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/pptphotos/index.html. A convenient photo center nearby, called “Fotorush”, is located on 112th and Broadway. We recommend that you write your name on the back of each picture in pencil.

위 내용은 제가 링크건 웹페이지에서 가져온 내용입니다.

• ysk 72.***.137.5

CPT를 물어보십시오. CPT는 보통 Internship할 때 사용하는데 Part-time,Full-time 다 됩니다.Full-time을 사용 할 경우는 나중에 OPT사용 할 때 사용 기간만큼 줄어들게 됩니다.