I-140 와 I-1485 서류의 동시신청을 중단할수도 있습니다. 그러므로, Qualified Researchers/Professors and Ph.D. Students 는 신청을 빨리 하시기 바랍니다.

Sunlaw 71.***.113.163 7666

CIS 는 I-140 와 I-1485 서류의 동시신청을 중단할수도 있습니다. 그러므로, Qualified Researchers/Professors and Ph.D. Students 는 신청을 빨리 하시기 바랍니다.

The Unified Agenda of Federal Regulatory and Deregulatory Actions로 부터 제공된 정보입니다:

최근 CIS는 I-140 Immigration Petition 과 I-1485 Adjustment of Status의 서류 동시신청을 중단할 것에 대한 사항을 진행중입니다. 이 사항들은 2008년 6월(60일 comment period 내에)에 공표되도록 계획 되어 있습니다.이것은 오직 I-140 Petition 이 승인된 이후에 I-485의 서류신청이 받아지기 때문에 소요되는 CIS 서류 절차 시간이 두배로 걸린다는것을 의미합니다.

동시 서류신청은 영주권 신청자에게 많은 이익이 됩니다. 외국인의 I-140 와 I-1485의 동시 서류신청은 그들의 priority dates 이 현재 진행중인한 가능하였습니다. 그리고. CIS는 I-140 와 I-1485의 서류절차를 동시에 진행시켰습니다. 이것은 실질적으로 외국인의 서류 절차 시간을 단축시켰습니다. 또한, 이 동시 서류신청은 빠른 고용변경의 자격, Advance Parole(관광용), 그리고, EAD. 와 같은 다른 이익을 가졌습니다.

지금은, 법이 변경됨에 따라 I-140 와 I-485의 CIS 서류신청 절차 시간이 최소 두배로 걸릴것입니다.

그러므로, qualified Ph.D. Students and Postdoctoral Researchers들은 CIS가 새 정책을 실행하기전에 가능한한 빨리 신청을 하시기 바랍니다.

예를들면, 우리의 한 고객은 EB2 National Interest Waiver 서류를 신청한 한국 postdoctoral researcher 였습니다. 동시 서류신청 정책아래 우리는 그와 그의 가족을 위해 I-485 / I765 / I131 서류를 신청하도록 도와 주었습니다. CIS는 두 신청서를 동시에 진행 시켰으며, 그리고, 그의 I-140 는 2개월하고 10일안에 승인이 되었습니다. 또한 12일후에 그의 I-1485 도 승인이 되었습니다. 이 모든 과정에 2개월 22일만이 소요되었습니다. 다른 우리의 성공적인 사례들은 3개월에서 4개월정도 안에 승인이 되었습니다.

하지만, 만일 CIS 동시 서류신청을 중단한다면, 모든 영주권 신청자들은 반드시 I-140를 먼저 신청해야하고, 그런다음에 I-485 를 신청하기전에 I-140의 승인을 기다려야 합니다. 이것은 CIS의 서류절차과정이 적어도 두배가 걸릴것 이기 때문에 몇달의 더 긴 절차 과정의 결과가 생길것 입니다.

위의 정보를 기초로 우리는 모든 qualified researchers, professors and Ph.D. students 들이 즉시 서류를 신청할것을 고려하도록 제안하는 바입니다. 당신을 위하여 무엇이 가장 좋은 방법인지를 보기위해 경험이 많은 변호사에게 연락을 하시길 바랍니다. 잘 작성된 EB2 National Interest Waiver 신청서나 EB1A 이나 EB1B 신청서를 준비하기위해서는 2개월정도의 시간이 소요될 것입니다. 그러므로, 빨리 신청하는 분들은 CIS 가 새 정책을 시작하고 더 이상 동시서류신청을 실행하지 않기 전에 여러분의 I-140 와 I-485 서류신청을 동시에 할 수 있을 것입니다.

LAW OFFICES OF SUN ASSOCIATED WITH SHAUB & WILLIAMS

12121 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 600, Los Angeles, CA 90025

Tel: (310) 481-6118***Fax: (310) 481-6117

Email: alicesun@earthlink.net Website: http://www.sunlawfirm.com

©ALL COPYRIGHTS PROTECTED

According to the Unified Agenda of Federal Regulatory and Deregulatory Actions, USCIS has recently stated that a new proposed rule will be published in JUNE 2008: No more concurrent filing I-140 Immigrant Petition for Alien Workers and I-485 Application for Adjustment of Status to Permanent Residence. They may reinstate their previous policy of allowing the I-485 Application to be filed only after the I-140 Petition is approved.

The advantage of concurrent filing is potential acceleration of the alien’s case. As long as an alien’s priority dates were current in the employment-based immigration category, he/she was allowed to file an I-485 concurrently with an I-140 Petition (i.e. an alien could file I-485 at any time during the I-140 process). This provided benefits to the alien, since CIS would process the I-140 and I-485 at the same time. Also, it provided speedier eligibility for benefits such as employment change, Advance Parole (AP – travel document), and Employment Authorization Document (EAD).

Now, with the rule change, the CIS processing time for I-140 and I-485 applications will be doubled. Therefore, qualified Ph.D. Students and Postdoctoral Researchers/Professors should file now before USCIS implements the new policy.

Below are some examples of successful cases with fast approval times due to concurrent filing:

Under the USCIS concurrent filing policy, we were able to help a postdoctoral researcher and his family receive their green cards in 2 months and 22 days.

This postdoctoral fellow was doing research in the field of environmental engineering and science; specifically, he investigated the protection of soil and treatment of contaminated soil. He received a Bachelor’s degree in Korea and a Ph.D. degree from a highly reputable university in the United States. He made important original discoveries in projects sponsored by the National Science Foundation (NSF), the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and the Water Reuse Foundation (WRF). He published six journal papers and one conference presentation.

After a detailed consultation, we made a strategic plan to help him file an EB2 National Interest Waiver and suggested that we concurrently file I-485/I765/I131for him and his family members. Since CIS processes concurrent filing of I140 and I485 et al at the same time, his I-140 was approved in 2 months and 10 days, and after another 12 days, the I485 applications for him and his family members were all approved. The entire process for him and his family to get green card only took 2 months and 22 days.

Some of our other successful cases were approved in 3 to 4 months or a little longer.

However, if CIS stopped concurrent filing, all green card applicants must file an I-140 first, and then wait for the approval of the I-140 before filing an I-485. This will result in a longer processing time of another several months, since CIS Processing time will double at the least.

Based on the above information, we suggest that all qualified researchers, professors and Ph.D. students should consider taking immediate action. Please contact an experienced immigration attorney to see what the best course of action would be for you. It will normally take about 2 months to prepare a well-documented EB2 National Interest Waiver application or an EB1A or EB1B application. Therefore, quick starters may beat the clock to file I-140 and I-485 concurrently before CIS implements their new policy and forbids concurrent filing.

For free case evaluation, please e-mail your updated resume and contact information to alicesun@earthlink.net. Subject: Green Card Application.

Our contact information: Tel: (310) 481-6118***Fax: (310) 481-6117

Email: alicesun@earthlink.net Website: http://www.sunlawfirm.com

Disclaimer: The above newsletter information is general information. They are NOT legal consultations for any specific case or legal issues.