Human Resources Managers set the tone for the entire company as well as the human resource department.. From employee relations to payroll to compliance issues, the HR department helps ensure that an organization runs smoothly, and the Human Resources Manager is at the helm.
Duties and responsibilities of the Human Resources Manager include:
• Change management and strategic leadership; working directly with the leadership team to align company goals including creating policy, assist with increasing transparency via reports and audits, and advising on industry best practices.
• Analyze company structure and contribute to improvements rooted in HR reporting and analytics (i.e. turnover reports, compensation analysis, succession planning, etc.).
• Establish and manage the Safety Committee; ensuring OSHA guidelines and reporting are completed accurately and in a timely manor.
• Forecasting; collaborate with construction managers, project managers, project coordinator, accounting department and others to identify and document each projects roles and responsibilities, as well as detail the end-to-end processes required on a project (or series of projects) to determine labor needs.
• Work closely with the accounting department and operations to ensure accurate certified payroll reporting.
• Manage the staffing process, including recruiting, interviewing, hiring and onboarding
• Ensure job descriptions are up to date and compliant with all local, state and federal regulations
• Develop training materials and performance management programs to help ensure employees understand their job responsibilities
• Create a compensation strategy for all employees based on market research and pay surveys; keeps the strategy up to date
• Investigate employee issues and conflicts and brings them to resolution
• Ensure the organizations compliance with local, state and federal regulations
Skills & Requirements
• 5+ years experience as sole HR representative. (preferred)
• A bachelors degree in human resources, labor relations, organizational development, business or related area; relevant work experience may be a substitute
• SHRM-SCP/SHRM-CP, SPHR/PHR (preferred)
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
• Experience with the human resources information system (HRIS), more specifically Paycom
• Knowledge of a broad range of human resource strategies and practices, including compensation, performance management, safety, hiring and employee relations; able to apply these strategies and practices in compliance with employment regulations
• Ability to create a culture of diversity, inclusivity, collaboration and teamwork
• Experience with analyzing data to guide strategic employment planning
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 – $120,000.00 per year
• Dental insurance
• Health insurance
• Paid time off
• Vision insurance
• Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
• Savannah, GA
• Microsoft Office: 5 years (Preferred)
• Human Resource: 5 years (Preferred)
• HR Management: 1 year (Preferred)
• Korean Bi-lingual
• SHRM-SCP/SHRM-CP, SPHR/PHR (preferred) (Preferred)