H-1 extention petition 서류 진행 중 한국 갈수 있나요

catmiwoo 64.***.1.2 3851

현재 새로운 회사와 h1b extention petition 서류 진행중인데요. Petition 승인 받기 전에 한국 가도 다시 들어 올수 있나요?

예전 회사에서 받은 h1b petition 으로 여권에 visa stamping은 받아 있는 상태고요.

한국 간지 너무 오래되서 눈이 빠지게 기다리고 있는데 오래 걸리네요..=(
    맨하탄에서 3월에 apply 했는데 여전히 무소식..

도와주세여.

• 머구리 68.***.250.246

6개월이상 유효한 여권과, 유효한 비자가 있으면 문제가 없습니다. 연장한것과는 관련이 없죠.
      –머구리

• Musim 143.***.124.1

There is a reason that an attorney does not recommend to travel abroad while the petition is in process. As long as you have a valid passport (>6 mo) and visa, it should be OK to re-enter, but you should be very careful about your I-94. If your extention is approved after you re-enter, it should be OK. If your extension is approved but the immegration officer at the port does not know that yet (there can be such time window according to my lawyer), your most recently issued I-94 shall be based on your old visa. You should consult with your lawyer immediately if this is the case. It is very much a corner case but can happen.

• catmiwoo 64.***.1.2

무심님 질문 있는데요,,
      If there happend to be this time window when I come back from Korea, why is it problem? Does it mean that my most recently issued I-94 (with my previous employer) will not be valid any more?
      Sorry to bother you, but I would really appreciate your help.

Thansk a lot,

• Musim 143.***.124.1

Here is an example (hypothetical)
      – you enter the States at 7/10/2004
      – your extention is approved at 7/9/2004, but not known to the officer at the port. Your extension is valid until 7/8/2007, while your old visa is going to be expired by 8/30/2004
      – Now the officer at the port likely issues the I-94 that ia valid through 8/30/2004, and this I-94 is issued AFTER the I-94 attached to your extension approval.
      – Now, you are in a situation that you have to leave before 8/30/2004, at which the I-94 is to be expired. Your I-94 attached to the status extention approval is no longer valid.
      = Per I-94, the one you get at the port in this case is MORE RECENT than the one comes with the extension approval.
      – It seems like there is a way to extend (practically get the new) I-94 while you are in the state as my company’s attorney told me that if such case would happen he had to know immediately. (If there is no way to handle that, I think he should say so, but I can be sure as I didn’t ask)