A well-known international solar industry leader in GA has partnered with Joynus to identify an Equipment Engineer. The Module Equipment Engineer (Machine) is responsible for the manufacturing of solar modules, which consists of soldering, inspection, mechanical assembly, and machinery management.
• Run diagnostic tests and repair malfunctioning equipment in all areas of plant automation.
• Perform equipment and process instrumentation calibration including flow and pressure transmitters, and level sensors.
• Perform preventative maintenance; ensure stock of critical spares
• Utilize established SolidWorks CAD guidelines and design procedures to create solid models and detailed drawings.
• Troubleshoot all programmable logic control (PLC), HMI, motor, and motor control problems.
• Perform root cause failure analysis for failed parts and use materials/fabrication knowledge to design improvements.
• 2-5 years of related experience; Bachelor/master’s degree in engineering fields
• Machine design experience including specification of bearings drive train components and design of fabricated components
• Demonstrated skills with SolidWorks, including SolidWorks explorer, sheet metal, toolbox, bill of materials, and weldments.
• Materials knowledge (corrosion, failure mechanisms, strength of materials) is critical.
• Strong proficiency in related software including AutoCAD and MS Office applications
• Project management, finite element, or other mechanical analysis software, PDM system (direct experience with Synergis Adept is desirable)