Case: EB-1(c) I-140 and I-485 Approved in Four Months

Hooyou 222.***.11.55 23666

By: Brenda Tso

Sometimes, a good lawyer and a little bit of luck can make all the difference in the world. At a time when the USCIS is flooded with applications, a case like Mr. Lee’s gives hope that processing times are speeding up. And our firm is doing everything we can to help them out.

The EB-1(c) is a type of employment based petition for Managers and Executive Transferees. It allows international companies to transfer top-level executives and managers to the United States as permanent residents. To qualify for an EB-1(c) immigration petition, the alien must have been employed for one year within the past three years by either the oversees affiliate, parent, or subsidiary or branch of the U.S. employer; he or she must work in the United States in a managerial or executive capacity; and the company itself needs to meet some specific requirements.

Mr. Lee’s company retained us to file an EB-1(c) petition as a Multinational Executive on his behalf. Four months later, both his I-140 and I-485 were approved. Such fast results are definitely not typical—in fact, they are very rare. However, the manner in which a case is presented can definitely help save the time an immigration officer spends on digesting, perusing, and adjudicating the case.

From January 2005 to September 2007, Mr. Lee* worked for a Houston based company’s Chinese subsidiary, located in Heibei Province. While there, he played an instrumental role in structuring and directing business operations and development. Mr. Lee also represented the company in public relations and established a sales network. Under his direction, the China operation experienced substantial growth and phenomenal profits.

In October 2007, Mr. Lee was transferred to the Houston headquarters, temporarily filling the Vice President position under the blessings of an L-1 visa filed by our firm. The L-1 intra-company transferee visa allows executives, managers, and employees with specialized skills to transfer from the foreign company to a U.S. office, subsidiary, or affiliated company to perform temporary services. In Houston, Mr. Lee achieved considerable progress on several important projects and laid a solid foundation for the streamline and optimization for business transaction procedures and corporate structures. Pleased by Mr. Lee’s leadership, the company decided to keep him on in Houston permanently.

Satisfied by our service in his L-1 visa application, Mr. Lee retained our firm again to file his EB-1 (c) immigration petition in March 2008. Mr. Daqin Zhang acted as the attorney-in-charge on Mr. Lee’s case. Mr. Zhang immediately began organizing and documenting the necessary evidence, knowing that a well-prepared case minimizes the chances of a Request for Evidence notice or denial. In the petition letter filed on March 20, 2008, Mr. Zhang detailed the company’s business growth in the past three years with audited financial reports and tax returns. He reminded the USCIS of the company’s contribution towards reducing the trade deficit with China through the export of oil and gas equipment. Mr. Zhang then turned towards demonstrating Mr. Lee’s abundant business management experience and leadership skills. To do this, he produced an easy-to-understand company structure chart showing Mr. Lee’s executive capacity and job duties. Finally, Mr. Zhang provided extensive documentation of the strong business necessity of the transfer.

As of March 2008, immigration visa numbers for the EB-1 immigration category have become available to aliens born in China. Consequently, we concurrently filed an I-485 Adjustment of Status application for Mr. Lee. By July 23, 2008, merely four months later, the I-140 approval notice was received. Five days after that, the USCIS approved Mr. Lee’s I-485 application.

We would like to emphasize that not every case we have represented can get such a fast approval. However, based on the positive feedback from our hundreds of L-1A and Eb1(c) client, our quality work do save our client’s headache and their precious time: by presenting the supporting documents in a most concise and persuasive way, attorney can effectively shorten the immigration examiner’s time in reviewing and adjudicating the case. In some sense, avoiding delay due to RFE and defect is equal to the effect of expediting a case.

In addition, as L-1 visa case has premium processing service, and Eb1(c) has current immigration visa number availability, “L-1A + Eb1(c)” presents a truly fast and convenient lane for elite businessmen and entrepreneurs in China and India who wish to expand a new horizon into the United States.

*In order to protect our client’s privacy, all identifying information has been changed.

In an EB-1 petition, the attorney must successfully convince the immigration officer that the alien possesses outstanding or special credentials. Zhang & Associates has a collaborative team of experienced attorneys dedicated to providing high-quality client services. In the past 12 years, we have successfully helped numerous clients obtain green cards in the EB-1 category.

Please send your CV to Attorney Jerry Zhang (info@hooyou.com) for a free evaluation to see if EB-1 is a good choice for you.

Zhang & Associates, PC.
    Houston ∙ New York ∙ Chicago ∙ Austin
    Tel:1-800-230-7040, 713-771-8433
    Email: @hooyou.com">info@hooyou.com