Summary of Functions
The Assistant Accounting Manager performs a variety of general accounting tasks in the accounting department. This position completes financial reports on a regular basis and provides information to the finance team. This individual will update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions. This person enters data into the computer system using defined computer programs. This person compiles data and prepares a variety of reports. This position will also process payroll and reconcile records with internal company employees and management, as well as external vendors/customers. This person may also recommend actions to resolve discrepancies.
• Confers with the Senior manager on financial reports.
• Supports the auditing of accounts to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
• Provides and manages accounting support tasks to the accounting department.
• Coordinates with outside auditors and provides needed information on external audits.
• Types accurately, prepares, and maintains accounting documents and records.
• Enters key data of financial transactions in the database daily.
• Prepares daily cash reports and financial forecasts for manager to review.
• Cooperates with the team to establish documented guidelines for accounting processes.
• Assists manager on taxation, liaison with auditors, other filings, and procedures.
• Provides training to subordinate employees to enhance work efficiency and knowledge.
• Reconciles monthly, quarterly, and yearly balance between related parties.
• Verifies balances in account books and rectifying discrepancies.
• Prepares and maintains accounting documents and records.
• Deciphers account items and posts them to the proper account types.
• Research, tracks, and restores accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies.
• Informs management and compiles reports/summaries on activity areas.
• Functions in accordance with established standards, procedures, and applicable laws.
• Constantly updates job knowledge.
• Settles/closes accounts at the end of every month, quarter, and year.
• Associate or bachelor’s degree concentration in Accounting preferred.
• 3+ years of accounting experience required.
• Accounting experience in closing and managing fixed assets required.
• Experience in managing fixed asset accounts required; cost accounting knowledge preferred.
• Understanding of B/S, P/L, and other related financial statements.
• Bilingual Korean/English required.
• Attention to detail and multi-tasking ability.
• Good organizational and strong interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge and experience utilizing QuickBooks accounting system.
• Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Proficient, quick, and comfortable with personal computer navigation and operation.
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
Work is considered low physical work in an office, requiring lifting up to 10 pounds of force. Must possess strength, stamina, and mobility to perform low physical work indoors with minimum exposure to dust.
• Will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers or standing for hours at a time.
• Demonstrate the ability to hear and have specific vision abilities to adjust focus, in an environment subject to noise, dust, etc.
• The office faces constant phone interactions and will be in contact with other staff.
Salary Range: $64k-88k/year DOE (salaried, exempt)
• 401(k) Matching
• Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
• Parental Leave
• Paid Time Off
• Flexible Spending Account
• Relocation Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance Program
This description is a general statement and does not include other duties as assigned.
SIMWON America Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/EEO.
Please send your most updated resume to our HR Specialist, Karina Penaloza, to the following email address: email@example.com for our review.