99일만에 영주권을 받은 Postdoc연구원 사례

Sunlaw 71.***.242.2 6089
    Postdoc 연구원으로 있는 손님께서 본인의 승인된 EB2NIW케이스를 예증하도록 최근 저희에게 자발적으로 권하였습니다.  그의 I-140 신청서와 I-148신청서는 각각 60일과 99일만에 승인되었습니다.

손님의 EB2NIW신청서는 미이민국 Texas Service Center에 2011년 4월21일에 접수되었고, 손님은 I-140 & I-485이민국 승인서를 각각 2011년6월23일과 8월3일에 받았습니다.

손님은 postdoc연구원이므로 self-petition으로 그의 케이스를 신청하였습니다. 그는 Medicinal Chemistry박사학위를 가지고 있으며, 비만연구와 진핵생물(eukaryotes)의 번역개시(translation initation)에 중요하고 독창적인 공헌을 하였습니다.  손님은 12건의 연구논문을 Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, FASEB Journal, Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, Current Pharmaceutical Design등의 과학저널에 출간하였습니다. 손님의 연구논문들은 미국, 캐나다, 영국, 일본 등의 다른 나라의 과학자들에 의하여 쓰여진 100건 이상의 논문들에 의하여 인용되었습니다.  그는 다른 과학자들의 연구논문을 평가하도록 전문가 심사자(peer-reviewer)로서의 역할을 4번에 걸쳐 하였습니다. 그의 케이스를 뒤받침하기 위하여, 전문가 추천서 6부 초안들을 작성하였으며, 저널 출간물, 학술회의 발표, 연구논문의 인용기록 등을 포함한 여러가지 증거물들을 서류하였습니다.

손님은 EB2NIW 신청접수를 하기 이전에, 미국내 취업자격을 미영주권자로서 획득하여 미국내 한 고용주로부터 받은 취업제안을 수락하기 위하여, 영주권을 취득하기를 원한다는 긴박한 요청을 저희에게 전달하였습니다.  손님은 본인의EB2NIW케이스가 그가 알고 있는 다른 사람의 케이스와 비슷한 시점에 저희의 도움을 통하여 접수되었으며, 아직 다른 이들은 I-140승인을 기다리고 있거나 승인을 받기까지 9개월 내지 11개월을 기다렸음을 명시하면서, 다른 이들의 케이스들에 비하여 본인의 EB2NIW승인 수속기간이 예상밖으로 매우 빨랐음을 저희에게 이메일을 통하여 알려주었습니다. 

상당히 짧은 기간 내에 내려질수 있는 EB2NIW케이스 결정에 비추어보아, psotdoc연구원들이 미국 내에서의 장래의 취업과 삶을 위하여 가능한 신속히 self-petition으로 영주권을 취득하는 것이 그들의 최선의 이익이 됩니다. 

저희는 본 컬럼이 귀하의 영주권신청을 돕기위한 유용한 정보를 제공하였기를 바랍니다.  만일 귀하께서 self-petitioned immigration visa 신청에 자격이 되는지 알아보기를 원하실 경우 complimentary evaluation을 해드릴 수 있습니다.

더 많은 정보를 위해 저희 웹사이트(http://www.sunlawfirm.com)를 방문하실 수 있습니다.

무료법률상담이 필요하실 경우, 출간물, 연구논문의 인용기록등이 포함된 귀하의 최근 이력서를 sunlawfirm@sunlawfirm.us, or lawofficeofsun@yahoo.com (Subject: Green Card Application)으로 이메일을 보내주시기 바랍니다.

Disclaimer:  위의 정보는 일반적인 정보이며 어떤 자세한 사례나 법적 이슈를 위한 법률상담이 아님을 알려 드립니다.

A Postdoctoral Scholar Received his Permanent Resident Card in 99 days.

Recently, one of our clients, a postdoctoral scholar in a U.S. university, voluntarily recommended us to put his approved case as a reference to illustrate that his EB2NIW was approved in 60 days for his I-140 application and 99 days for his I-485 application.  

The client’s applications were filed to the CIS Texas Service Center on April 21, 2011, and the client received the CIS approval notice for I-140 on June 23, 2011 and for I-485 on August 3, 2011. 

The client petitioned his case by a self-petition, because he was a postdoctoral researcher.  He holds a Ph.D. degree in Medicinal Chemistry.  He has made significant original contributions to obesity research and translation initiation in eukaryotes.  His significant discoveries have led to important publications of 12 first-authored and co-authored papers in peer-reviewed scientific journals, including the Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, FASEB Journal, Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, Current Pharmaceutical Design, etc.  He also made 12 presentations at international conferences.  More than 100 scientific papers written by independent scientists in many countries cited his research work as authoritative, including the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Japan, etc.  He was also invited and served an expert reviewer to evaluate the work of other scientists four times.  In support of his case, we drafted for the client 6 recommendation letters of experts from universities in the U.S. and other countries, and documented evidences of journal publications, conference presentations, citations of his papers, etc. 

Prior to his filing of EB2NIW, the client expressed his urgent desire to obtain his green card in order that he would be able to establish his U.S. employment eligibility as a permanent resident and accept the job position he received from a company in the U.S.  In his written email correspondence, he has stated to us that the processing time for the approval of his EB2NIW case was “miraculously fast”, as compared to that of some other people he knows who waited for 9 to 11 months until the approval of their cases, or people he knows who are still waiting for the approval of their I-140 applications after they filed EB2NIW around the same time he did through our law firm.       

In view of possible adjudication of EB2NIW cases in such a short period of time, it is for the best interest of the international postdoctoral researchers to obtain green cards by self-petitions as early as possible for their future employments and their lives in the United States.

We hope that this newsletter provides you useful information to help your green card application.  If you are interested in finding out whether you are qualified to apply for a self-petitioned immigration visa application, we can help you with a complimentary evaluation.

For more information, you can visit our website at http://www.sunlawfirm.us

For a free initial evaluation, please e-mail your updated resume, including a number of citations of your papers and conference publications, and contact information to sunlawfirm@sunlawfirm.us, or lawofficeofsun@yahoo.com, (Subject: Green Card Application).

Disclaimer: The above newsletter information is general information.  They are NOT legal consultations for any specific cases or legal issues.