Sunlaw 71.***.242.2 5873
    Law Office of Sun  Associated with
    Shaub & Williams (Off Counsels)

12121 Wilshire Boulevard  •  Suite 600  •  Los Angeles, CA  •   90025 
    Tel: (310) 481-6118
    Fax: (310) 481-6117
    Web: http://www.sunlawfirm.us

24일만에 EB2NIW 영주권신청 승인을 받은 postdoc 연구원의 사례

H1B신청접수의 상당한 감소가 나타내듯이, postdoc연구원이 미영주권없이 정규직업을 얻기가 더욱더 어려워졌습니다.  최근 미이민국의 H1B filing 보고서에 의하면, 미이민국은 2011년4월15일까지 고급학위 H1B신청서 5,100건과 정규H1B신청서 7,100건 만을 접수하였습니다.  이같은 H1B 신청서의 적은 수효가 미국내의 보다 적은 수의 일자리를 암시해주고 있습니까?   반드시 그렇지는 않습니다.   미국 노동부 (Department of Labor)의 통계는, 실업률이 2010년3월  9.7%에서 2011년 3월  8.8%으로 감소한 것으로 보여주고 있습니다.  (http://data.bls.gov/pdq/SurveyOutputServlet?data_ tool=latest _numbers&series _id=LNS14000000)  이러한 미국내 고용시장의 취업률 증가와 H1B 신청서 접수의 감소는, 더욱 더 많은 직업이 영주권 신분을 요구하고 있으며, 더욱 더 많은 미국내 고용주들이 H1B를 더이상 후원해주지 않음을 보여주고 있습니다.  결과적으로, postdoc 연구원들과 박사과정의 연구원들은 미국내에서 정규직업을 찾기 위해 합법적인 미국 영주권자가 되는 것을 필요로 하고 있습니다.  

저희 법률회사는postdoc 연구원들과 박사과정의 연구원들이 신속히 미영주권을 신청할 수 있도록 도와드리는 데에 상당히 좋은 결과를 가져왔습니다.  최근, 미국내 한 대학에서 postdoc 연구원으로 있는 저희손님 중 한 분이 EB2NIW 신청서(I-140) 에 대한  이민국승인서를 받았습니다.  손님의 신청서는 CIS Texas Service Center에 2011년3월18일에 접수되었고, 그 후 손님은 2011년4월12일에 I-140 이민국 승인서를 받았습니다.  주목할만한 것은, 손님의 EB2NIW신청서가 이민국에 의해 승인되기까지 단지 24일이 소요되었습니다.  저희는 또한 손님의 I-485, I-765, I131신청서들을 동시에 접수할 수 있도록 도와드렸으며, 이러한 신청서들은 손님의 승인된 I-140신청서에 근거하여 이민국 수속과정에 있습니다.

손님은 postdoc연구원이기때문에 self-petition으로 본인의 케이스를 신청하였습니다.  손님은 Ph.D. degree (Biological Chemistry) , B.S. degree (Biology with emphasis on Human Genetics) 를 가지고 있으며, Molecular Biology, Molecular Pathology, Human Genetics, Biological Chemistry분야에서 연구활동을 해왔습니다.   저희는 손님이 미국국립보건원 (National Institutes of Health – NIH)이 지원하는 첨단 연구프로젝트에서 결정적이고 중요한 역할을 해왔다는 점과, 암의 발생율을 크게 높이는 면역부전 질환에 관한 연구 분야에 중요하고 독자적인 공헌을 해왔다는 점의 강한변론을 제시하였습니다.   손님의 케이스를 뒷받침하는 증거에 관해서는, 손님은 7건의 (first-authored & co-authored papers) 연구논문을 과학저널에 출간하였으며, 3건의 학회발표 (conference presentations)를 하였습니다.  독립적인 연구 과학자들이 손님의 연구내용을 권위적인 것으로 인용한 연구논문(scientific papers)들이 또한 있습니다.   손님은 본인의 일류 연구업적이 인정되어 미국 내 대학에서 학부 재학중인 연구원으로서 권위있는 연구장학금을 받았습니다.  손님은 현재 NIH연구 프로젝트의 중요하고 결정적인 연구원으로 있습니다.  손님의 케이스를 뒷받침하기 위해서, 저희는 손님께서 미국 내 대학 및 다른 나라의 대학에 소속된 전문가들의 추천서 6부를 준비할 수 있도록 도와드렸으며, 저널 출간물 (journal publications), 학회발표 (conference presentations), awards, 손님 연구논문의 인용기록 (citations of her papers) 등의 보충증거들을 서류화하였습니다.   

본 건은 저희의 성공적인 EB2NIW케이스들 중에서 또다른 좋은 전형 케이스입니다.  손님의 연구업적, 기여, 국가적/국제적인 인정 및 손님의 전문적 분야에 미치는 영향, 관련된 미국내 국가 이익 (national interests) 등에 대한 법적 논점 제시와 함께 손님의 케이스를 잘 준비하여 접수한 후에 24일만에 승인되었습니다.   이러한 EB2NIW신청서의 신속한 승인은 케이스가 잘 논의되고 제시되었다는 점을 보여주었으며, 그러한 점이 성공적인 케이스 결과에 매우 중요하다는 것을 보여주었습니다.

상당히 짧은 기간 내에 내려질수 있는 EB2NIW케이스 결정에 비추어보아, psotdoc연구원들이 미국 내에서의 장래의 취업과 삶을 위하여 가능한 신속히 self-petition으로 영주권을 취득하는 것이 그들의 최선의 이익이 됩니다. 

저희는 본 컬럼이 귀하의 영주권신청을 돕기위한 유용한 정보를 제공하였기를 바랍니다. 

만일 귀하께서 self-petitioned immigration visa 신청에 자격이 되는지 알아보기를 원하실 경우, complimentary evaluation을 해드릴 수 있습니다.
    더 많은 정보를 위해 저희 웹사이트(http://www.sunlawfirm.com)를 방문하실 수 있습니다.

Free initial evaluation이 필요하실 경우, 귀하의 연구논문, 학회발표, 인용기록등이 포함된 귀하의 최근 이력서를 alicesun@earthlink.net (Subject: Green Card Application)으로 이메일을 보내주시기 바랍니다.
    연락처: Tel: (310) 481-6118, Fax: (310) 481-6117

Disclaimer:  위의 정보는 일반적인 정보이며 어떤 자세한 사례나 법적 이슈를 위한 법률상담이 아님을 알려 드립니다.

We Helped a Postdoctoral Researcher Receive an EB2NIW Approval for Her Green Card Application in 24 days.

As the substantial decrease in H1B filing indicates, it has become increasingly difficult for postdoctoral researchers to get a regular job without a U.S. green card.  According to the recent CIS H1B filing report, the CIS has only received 5,100 advanced degree applications, and 7,100 regular applications by April 15, 2011.  Does the low number of H1B petitions suggest fewer employment positions in the United States?  Not necessarily.  The statistics from the Department of Labor shows that the unemployment rate has decreased from 9.7% in March 2010 to 8.8% in March 2011. (http://data.bls.gov/pdq/ SurveyOutputServlet?data_tool=latest_numbers&series _id=LNS14000000)  The increase of the employment rate in the U.S. labor market and the decrease of H1B petition filings indicate that more and more jobs require a green card, and more and more U.S. employers do not sponsor H1B anymore.  Consequently, it is necessary for postdoctoral researchers and Ph.D. students to become a lawful US permanent resident in order to find a job in the United States.

Our law firm has been highly successful in helping postdoctoral researchers and Ph.D. students apply for U.S. Permanent Residence fast.  Recently, one of our clients, who is a postdoctoral researcher in a U.S. university, received the CIS approval notice of her EB2NIW application (I-140).   The client’s applications were filed to the CIS Texas Service Center on March 18, 2011, and the client received the CIS approval notice for I-140 on April 12, 2011.  Notably, it only took 24 DAYS for her EB2NIW petition to be approved by the CIS.  We also helped the client file her I-485, I-765, and I-131 applications concurrently, and these cases are in the CIS processing line for approval based upon her I-140 approved petition.

The client petitioned her case by a self-petition, because she was a postdoctoral researcher.  She holds a Ph.D. degree in Biological Chemistry and a B.S. degree in Biology with emphasis on Human Genetics.  She has been conducting research in the areas of Molecular Biology, Molecular Pathology, Human Genetics, and Biological Chemistry.  We presented strong legal arguments that she has performed a critical role in the leading-edge research projects supported by the National Institutes of Health (NIH), and that she has made significant original contributions to the studies of immunodeficiency disease that substantially increases the chance of getting cancers.  As for the evidence supporting her case, the client published 7 first-authored and co-authored papers in peer-reviewed scientific journals, and made 3 presentations at international conferences.  There are also some scientific papers authored by independent scientists worldwide who have cited her works as authoritative.  In recognition of her stellar research accomplishments, the client was a recipient of a prestigious research scholarship as an undergraduate research scientist at a U.S. university.  The client is currently a critical research scientist in the NIH research projects.  In support of her case, we helped the client prepare 6 recommendation letters of experts from universities in the U.S. and other countries, and document evidences of journal publications, conference presentations, awards, citations of her papers, etc. 
    This is another exemplar of our successful EB2NIW cases, as it was approved in 24 days after the filing of well-prepared documentations of the client’s case with our strong legal presentations on her research accomplishments, contributions, national and international recognition and impact in her field of expertise, and related U.S national interests.  The prompt approval of the EB2NIW petition demonstrated that this case was well-argued and well-presented, which is very important for successful case results.

In view of possible adjudication of EB2NIW cases in such a short period of time, it is for the best interest of the international postdoctoral researchers to obtain green cards by self-petitions as early as possible for their future employments and their lives in the United States.

We hope that this newsletter provides you useful information to help your green card application.  If you are interested in finding out whether you are qualified to apply for a self-petitioned immigration visa application, we can help you with a complimentary evaluation.

For more information, you can visit our website at http://www.sunlawfirm.us
    For a free initial evaluation, please e-mail your updated resume, including a number of citations of your papers and conference publications, and contact information to alicesun@earthlink.net.  Subject: Green Card Application.
    Our contact info. Tel: (310) 481-6118, Fax: (310) 481-6117

Disclaimer: The above newsletter information is general information.  They are NOT legal consultations for any specific cases or legal issues.