Here’s what you gotta do!

I-Banker 198.***.133.208 6636

“돈은 골드만삭스가 보너스때문에 2만불정도 더 받을거 같은데”

From this statement, I guess that you will not be working in the front office as an investment banker (analyst) whose typical annual compensation (base + bonus) is about $100K – $120K. Yes, it is true that these 22 year old kids with their Ivy League undergrad degrees do make this kind of money!

It sounds like you will be stuck in the back office performing accounting crap. If I were you, I wouldn’t want to put myself in that position – It’s like being a bench warmer in the major league baseball. Yes, you were in the big league, but you don’t know squad about how everything actually works because you ain’t got no hands on experience.

On the other hand, If you go to a big 4 as an accounting major, even if you will be performing more accounting crap, you are a major player – a revenue generator who brings cash to the company!

Now, here’s what you gotta do:

1. Go to big 4.
    2. Work for 2 yrs and get a promotion to a senior associate.
    3. Get your MBA from one of the top tier schools (H/S/W/K/M/Chi/C)
    4. Go to GS as an associate. Starting is $95,000 and the annual bonus is close to $100,000

Even if you fail to get your MBA from the top school, your big 4 experience will open doors to many great opportunities. However, being an accounting clown at GS won’t get you far. Transitioning from the back office into the front office with no MBA degree would be nearly impossible. Plus, your accounting experience will be limited to financial services area.

>어카운팅전공자인데 골드만 삭스하고 빅포하고 오퍼를 받았습니다.
    >어디를 가야할까요?
    >돈은 골드만삭스가 보너스때문에 2만불정도 더 받을거 같은데
    >대신에 cpa라이센스를 못받을 수도 있어서 고민입니다.
    >어디로 가는게 좋을까요?