The Effect of Immigration Reform to H-1B Processes

FYZLaw 99.***.236.121 7658

American Immigration Law Association (AILA) recently published an article that analyzed the proposed changes to H-1B policies due to the immigration reform.

In the past few years, many people pointed out that the U.S. global competitiveness depends on our ability to attract and retain global talents. This naturally includes international students who have been educated in the U.S. According to a report by Deloitte University Press published this month, these students and global talents are being outsourced by other countries. As indicated in this report, in 2010, the U.S. was ranked eighth in percentage of highly educated individuals among foreign born populations. Those that are above us include Canada, United Kingdom, and Australia. If we want to maintain our status in the global perspective, then we should do everything we can to keep talented, innovative people because they are the basis of our economic success.

Many people who work in the U.S. have H-1B visa. On many fronts, this particular population’s skills help strengthen the U.S. economy. Though the Senator’s immigration reform bill S.744 promises to increase the H-1B cap, but some restrictions could eventually make this increase ineffective and will not be enable us to retain the talents we desperately need. For example, an amended required wage unrealistically elevates the salary levels of entry level American graduates. This would create an inflated rather than prevailing wage and will put a lot of burden upon U.S. employers because they would have to pay foreign talents a lot more than U.S. talents. Another proposed change is a recruitment procedure by the Department of Labor which adds many burdensome processes to the H-1B application.

H-1B visa is seen as a program that takes jobs from U.S. workers in some industries. This is not the case at all. The truth is that foreign talents, especially those educated in our country’s graduate programs, only enhance the job prospects of Americans. According to an October 2012 report by the Kaufman Foundation, twenty four percent of engineering and technology companies founded between 2006 and 2012 has at least one foreign born founder. This figure rises to 43.9% if taken from Silicon Valley. In 2012, these companies were responsible for about 560,000 jobs and $63 billion in sales.

In reality, if we want to stay competitive in the global economy, then we need to facilitate rather than inhibit those foreign talents who want to stay to work in the U.S. We desperately need a comprehensive immigration reform that would provide a path to legal status for the 11 million illegal immigrants, protects our borders, and provide a reasonable temporary worker program for less skilled workers.  But it would be a tragedy if this package created unworkable and unnecessary burdens on the ability of the U.S. to provide visas to essential global talents.

The immigration reform bill is still in the process of deliberations and debates. Our law firm is paying close attention to the changes and is participating in every step of the way. If there are positive changes, then we will get our support across to both the House and Senate congressmen. However, if the changes are not favorable, we will oppose it as well. Let’s hope that this time’s reform will provide legal immigrants with a faster and more efficient path to their immigrant statuses. 

FYZ Law Group LLP provides full range immigration legal services to education/research institutions, the private sector, and to individuals and families. Our lawyers have over 30 years of U.S. immigration services. We specialize in non-immigrant employment based visa and in science and technology visa immigrations such as: EB-1A, EB-1B, EB-1C, NIW, PERM, H-1B, L-1, and O-1. We have offices in San Francisco Bay Area, Chicago, and New York. Website: http://www.fyzlaw.com Email: @fyzlaw.com">info@fyzlaw.com Tel: 650-312-8668 (CA); 630-577-9060 (IL); 656-288-7129 (NY).

If you want the latest updates on immigration reform/changes, please find us at:

Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/FYZ-Law-Group-LLP/347958721902637

Twitter https://twitter.com/#!/

• zuwendvtm 46.***.55.28

Donald Trump — 122 oakley sunglasses “I didn’t grow up with a famous father that coached basketball, I didn’t grow up being an allACC guard,” he said. u michael kors online
      It’s the Big Ten. http://www.louisvuitton-outlet.us.org He had been admitted 16 days earlier with the flu.
      “I like that this is storytelling,” she said before the show. “When you’re 14, you think you’re special, an uber-reject or an uber cool kid. … In some way, you know you weren’t the only person who was 14 and crazy.” coach handbags Andrew Jackson was long dead before the Civil War even began, now they want to get rid of the bill because of his racist views. p oakley sunglasses
      Whatever the industry, Wilson says, “the reason for the increase in mergers and acquisitions is simple. michael kors outlet Given the flag’s fabled beginnings and its special place in the heart of modern citizens, the red and white Dannebrog is a distinctly Danish icon and a unique national symbol that doesn’t look like it will be lost again anytime soon.
      g Edward K. Porter, Shirley F. Porter, Edward K. Porter, trustee, Shirley F. Porter, trustee, and Edward and Shirley Porter, living trust, to Charles S. Rose and Melinda A. Rose, Sam Hill Road, $32,500. ray ban outlet The fastest gains are expected for thermoplastic vulcanizates TPVs, which are penetrating new applications in motor vehicle, consumer, and medical product markets. michael kors outlet online
      The only scenario under which Sanchez says he will study school mergers is if enrollment declines by more than 600 to 700 students going into next school year because in the past enrollment has taken a hard hit when the district closed schools. coach outlet online Amir Ali Hajizadeh, the head of the Revolutionary Guard’s aerospace division, was quoted as saying the test was aimed at showing Israel that Iran could hit it. http://www.raybansunglassesebay.us.com
      Mrazek starts Tuesday, Howard on Thursday coach outlet online The law does not apply to individual homeowners, and local plant nurseries and garden centers in Fayetteville will not be prevented from selling banned plants. e louis vuitton handbags
      and The Gracie Awards Luncheon, June 21, 2016 at Cipriani 42nd Street in New York City. oakley sunglasses This, too, is multiples higher than any tax increase enacted in the postwar era.
      “This cultural trend of eating early in the day is common in Nordic farming cultures,” she told the Weekly Post. louis vuitton handbags Other companies in that category are Modell s and Dick s Sporting Goods.
      Another charge, depredation of government property, was leveled against Sean Anderson and another sympathizer, whose name has been redacted from court documents. coach outlet online Showalter, an alum of the sketch comedy troupe “The State,” considered Field the “pie-in-the-sky” casting option, and was flabbergasted when she agreed.
      com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/6156769/jbareham_160304_0959_B_0047. http://www.coachhandbagsdeal.us.com Hailey Rissinger, Fayetteville, 289.
      u Nolan Carroll: If we’re counting 2015 second-round pick Eric Rowe as a cemented starter, then Carroll would slide in as Maxwell’s most likely replacement. louis vuitton handbags The industrial market continues to see strong activity as vacancy rates dipped below 10 percent for the first time since 2006.
      The show also included a special musical guest, Michael Land, who performed covers of the hottest musicians on the radio, from Ed Sheeran to Bruno Mars. coach bags Extra playoff teams-I’m all for more MLB postseason. x coach factory outlet
      “The question of who fired these shots has not been resolved,” said Greg Bretzing, special agent in charge of the FBI in Portland. coach outlet online Partygoers can catch the score on one of several big screens, or challenge each other to games like corn hole and ping-pong.
      v Robert A. Rising to Mikhail Krikunov and Irina Krikunova, 22 Cleveland Avenue, $159,900. louis vuitton outlet “The orbs were the color of burning chartreuse infused with mindaro. f
      Here is a look at the defensespecial teams position for Week 12 of the fantasy football season. louis vuitton outlet There, Neal said, he would start the second chapter of his college career in California. oakley sunglasses
      Crowds in Lafayette Square cheered appreciatively at the conclusion of the tailor-made animated video projections that splashed across the fa?ade of Gallier Hall on St. Charles Avenue in 2014 at the first-ever New Orleans Luna Fete. The second Luna Fete is set for Sunday (Nov. 29) to Dec. 5, with a similar large-scale animated projection in Central City and other events. ray ban sunglasses “I saw a great block, is what I saw,” Van Buren coach Randy Loyd said. i http://www.raybansunglassesbuy.co.uk
      (News Channel 8) — This week on HISPANIC AGENDA: our panelists discuss how the 2016 Presidential Campaign will change as the GOP field of candidates narrows and as Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders face a more diverse electorate in Nevada and South Carolina ray ban sunglasses outlet This role will help him add to his foundation as a young golfer.
      Michaud paused occasionally to give quick breaths to Hagbom and to check for a pulse — but found none. http://www.raybanoutlet.name hashtagSteroids,” Diaz wrote. t cheap jordan shoes
      Larry Colligan of Hidden Valley Inn and Diego A. louis vuitton outlet online AMP Aces: Inzunza 2, Beach 1.

• cheap nfl jerseys china 121.***.121.143

I been exploring for a little for any high-quality articles or blog posts on this sort of area post. Exploring in Yahoo I at last stumbled upon this site. Reading this info So i happy to convey that I’ve an incredibly good uncanny feeling I discovered just what I needed. I most certainly will make sure to do not forget this website and give it a glance regularly.
      cheap nfl jerseys china http://www.fnq.qc.ca/bannieres/nikenfljerseys.html

Cancel