ESPY Asset ManagementLos Angeles, CA, USA
Job posting expires at 2018-03-31
ESPY Asset Management, LLC is seeking a Full Time Senior Investment Accounting / Operations Associate who is proficient in Managing Wealth Management Operations, Fund Accounting, and Financial Statements preparation. All candidates are expected to be experienced as a well-rounded go-to-person in a boutique asset management company environment.
A person primed for success in this role will be excited about operating in an autonomous and entrepreneurial environment, but also be a successful team player when working with clients and helping to build the business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ownership of fund operations and financial reporting.
• Lead the use and adoption of technology to improve client experience.
• Mastery of the entire operational client lifecycle including, but not limited to: Operations (new account opening paperwork, TOAs, wires, trades, money movements, etc), new client on-boarding, performance reporting and analytics, and client billing.
• Develop and execute trade, transfer and reallocation plan.
• Confidence and maturity to speak with clients, when appropriate.
• Understanding that not all responsibilities fit in a job description.
• Approves cash disbursements by verifying check amounts against invoices, authorizing checks and wire transfers.
• Approves ledger entries by reviewing transactions.
• Oversees the month end closing process to ensure it is completed in a timely manner in preparation of internal financial reports/statements.
• Meets accounting operational standards by contributing financial information to strategic plans and reviews, resolving problems and identifying system improvements.
• Performs other duties that may be assigned.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor of Science degree (B.S.) in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration with an emphasis in Accounting; degree in Accounting is preferred.
• A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in the Accounting field in a wealth management company, with a minimum of 2 years in a supervisory role.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers via either telephone or email correspondence.
• Korean-English bilingual
• Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
• Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary performance.
• Must have the ability to multi-task.