I-485 진행 과정 (승인)

설레임 131.***.8.250 5508

아침에 e-mail로 Approval을 통보 받았습니다. INS Web Site (https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp)에 등록해 놓으니 편리하네요. 도움이 되시길 바랍니다. 참고로 전 EB3로 CA에서 File 했습니다.

I-485 Approval- 08/04/04
    2nd FP – 07/13/04
    1st FP – 05/01/02 (여기까지는 좋았습니다 ^^;;)
    I-485 ND – 03/19/02
    I-485 RD – 03/07/02
    I-485 File – 03/01/02

I-140 Approval- 12/26/01
    I-140 File – 06/26/01

LC Approval – 04/23/01
    LC File (RIR) – 03/16/01

• I-140 220.***.52.13

우선 진심으로 축하드립니다.
      그런데, EB3 는 어떤 의미입니까?

• 설레임 131.***.8.250

What is a preference category and under which preference category is my application being processed?

Congress has designated those groups to which it gives preference in immigrating to the U.S. Employment-based applications are broken down into five (5) preference categories. Each preference category is subject to an overall numerical limitation of visas.

The first employment-based preference category (EB1), which does not require a labor certification application, is set aside for priority workers falling into one of the following categories:

a. Individuals demonstrating Extraordinary Ability in the arts, sciences, education, business, and athletics (EB1-1)
      b. Outstanding Researchers and professors (EB1-2)
      c. Multinational Managers and executives transferred to the U.S. from a foreign affiliate, subsidiary, branch or parent of the U.S. office (EB1-3)

The second employment-based preference category (EB2), which usually requires a labor certification application, is set aside for the following:

a. Aliens who possess exceptional ability in the sciences, arts and business who are entering the U.S. to fill a position which requires an individual of exceptional ability.
      b. Aliens who posses an advanced degree (defined as any U.S. academic or professional degree above a bachelors degree level OR a bachelors degree and at least five (5) years of progressive experience) who are entering the U.S. to fill a position that requires an advanced degree or a bachelors degree plus five (5) years of progressive experience.

Labor certification is required for the second employment-based preference category, unless it can be demonstrated that the alien’s entry will benefit the U.S. national interest to such a high degree that it is in the best interest of the country not to attempt to recruit U.S. workers for the position. Due to a recent case law regarding the “national interest” standard, such a demonstration has become extremely difficult to establish.

The third employment-based preference category (EB3), which requires a labor certification application, is set aside for the following:

a. Professionals with a bachelors degree (actual U.S. degree or foreign degree equivalent)
      b. Skilled workers (filling positions requiring at least two (2) years of training and experience)
      c. Unskilled workers (filling that require less than two (2) years of experience)

The appropriate preference category is dependent upon the position duties, requirements and the alien’s qualifications.

• 신체검사 63.***.153.114

저도 먼저 진심으로 축하드립니다. 저는 지난주에 REF.로 신검(I-693) 보내라는 통지를 받고 어제 발송 하였습니다. 그런데 설레임 님 께서는 I-485 Approval 받기전에 인터뷰는 하셨는지요? 그리고 여권에 스템프를 받으셨는지요? 아니면 그냥 그린카드를 메일로 받으시는지요?

• 설레임 131.***.8.250

저는 2차 FP 후에 아무런 REF 없이 승인 받았습니다. 그런데 저희 회사 HR 담당자 말로는 Lucky한 경우라고 하더군요. 저희 회사에서 여러 사람이 REF를 받았답니다.

그리고, 메일로 받은 Approval Notice를 가지고 여권에 스템프를 받았습니다. 카드는 2 ~3 개월 정도 걸릴거라고 하더군요.

• 사카모토 64.***.174.14

축하드립니다. 저랑 L/C file하신 날은 비슷하네요. 근데 전 RIR로 안하고 있다가 나중에 바꿔서 L/C가 좀 늦게 걸렸죠. 암튼 축하드립니다.
      저도 다음 주에 세컨 핑커 프린트가 있는데 그 후에 님처럼 추가 서류 요청없이 빨리 좀 나오면 좋겠는데…