Assistant Production Manager oversees the daily operations of the Assembly production department that includes planning, organizing and controlling production operations to meet the Customer requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Directly supervises the production management team to include: communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, and
appraising results; coaching, counseling and mentoring team members; coordinating and ensuring compliance with systems,
policies and procedures.
– Model and enforce company safety practices and work with Safety team to make safety a number one priority.
– Meet established productivity, quality (scrap/rework) and delivery targets. When missing these targets, develop and
implement corrective action plans.
– Develop and implement training programs and new model launch plans.
– Implement best practices to achieve company standards on controllable costs.
– Develop in conjunction with Human Resources, a succession plan for direct reports and self.
– Coordinate with Quality Department to ensure compliance wit uniform product standards.
– Other duties as assigned.
– Excellent project management, time management and interpersonal skills.
– Proven experience as production manager
– Proven track record of successfully training team members in productivity and safety protocols
– Working knowledge of OSHA regulations
– Ability to coach and mentor team members on a one-on-one basis as well as a group
– 5+ years’ experience in manufacturing operations in the automotive industry.
– Knowledge of process improvement techniques
– 4 year degree preferred, education can be substituted by experience
Interested Candidates should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org