1.5 or 2nd gen??

hmmm 67.***.156.158 1030

just for curiosity. are there any 1.5 or 2nd generation here in this forum. I know a lot of them are recent or start up immigrants or students. But, just wanted to see if there are any here surfing to be part of Korean community. Hard to find 1.5 gen in US. Trying to find common ground to share. I can read and understand, but am more comfortable expressing in English. thx in advance.

• 질문 173.***.229.14

Very obvious what you are looking for based on this post..

My 2 cents.. just go to local Korean church.

• hmmm 67.***.156.158

hmm. so what am I looking for??? I got a wife and babies and I AM Buddhist. sot I don’t go to church. so, tell me what am I looking for??
      Maybe I didn’t’ clarify enough. As a 1.5 minority Korean, there aren’t’ that many. We are not exactly Korean nor, American. hard to find someone with same background. We understand both of culture differently than others, because we are educated as minor in Korea, but spend most of our life in US. It was always hard for me to be part of 1st generation Korean and 2nd generation Korean for that reason. If you are who you are you’ll understand. Obviously you’re not. If I gave you an impression that, Im looking for quick hook up, I am sorry. As you said, maybe i’m in a wrong place, but figure doesn’t hurt to ask.

• hmmm 67.***.156.158

So sad to see so many angry Koreans with half glass empty attitude. Guess it’ s different generation of folk when thru IMF and fucked up leaders in Korea. Hope to see more helpful folks here to really share and support one another.

• 지나가다 50.***.138.89

You are missing the point. We have been always that way, how **ed up we are. I am a sort of 1.3 gen, but hang out with both 1st and 2nd gens. All the Koreans are the same, and the fact that you guys speak better English does not change your damned genetics. 1st or 2nd, you voluntarily feel inferior to people who are not Koreans and speak native English, even when you don’t have to, and you look down on 1st generation Korean immigrants although they are like your parents, just because you speak better English and came to America earlier. You see how **ed up you are now? Wake up. Stop comparing yourself to others just because your fobbish parents raised you that way, try to be a better being your self and be nice to others, you naturally fit into where you belong. Please stop feel inferior to American people who were here earlier and be nice to fresher immigrants. Find YOURSELF.

• hmmm 67.***.156.158

WoW!! so fucking angry!! your daddy beat your ass up all the time huh!? open up to see some positive comments, and here we goes, angry columbine Korean. You’re right for one thing. guess doesn’t matter 1.3,.15,2.0 or whatever. fuck up Koreans are as fucked up Koreans. Please be happy.

• bs 50.***.118.206

I was born and raised in 3rd world country and came to US 10 yrs ago. am I considered 2nd gen?

• hmmm 67.***.156.158

Generally, 2nd gens are the one’s born in this US or foreign country. 1.5 ones are the one came here with their parents when they were minor. Say, under 10?? mind if I ask, which county is 3rd world country??

• qqq 198.***.190.246

im 1.5 gen.

• 1.5 generation 216.***.42.205

I’m 1.5, too. I agree. It’s not easy to find out the right person and right community.

I totally understand how you feel.

• AA 69.***.23.46

You’ll learn to appreciate what you had after you lose them.
      Try to be open minded and get along with whomever you can socialize with.
      Who cares if they’re 1st gen, 1.5 gen, 2nd gen or other ethnicity.

• hmmm 67.***.156.158

Easier said than done. grew up in Korean family and culture to really appreciate food and social dynamics, at the same time can’t relate to “HYUNG” or “NaH” or “Sajangnim” culture. Hate that shit. So what, if you were born a day early than me?. At the same time, I’m am fabish for life, cus, I love soju, and kimchi like addiction. where many 2nd gen Koreans are more American than Korean. At least that was my experience thru out my life. But I’m positive. That’s at least I can do for myself.

• hmmm 67.***.156.158

OH!! talking about finding a partner!!, Can’t date Koreans. So I married others. so hard to relate. This was the hardest part for my friends and I. you been there, you know what i’m talking about.

• O 178.***.225.117

젊은 꼰대네요…..ㅋㅋㅋ

• Calboi 73.***.28.61

지나가다 – tons of generalizations you are making there. I think it’s you who should wake the $%*& up and learn not to stereotype. You try so hard to be a smart a$$; but you are simply an angry loser. Happy Thanksgiving.

• Hmmm 166.***.15.80

Didnt expect much anyways. Just wanted to see if my case is unique. Why is everyone telling me to wake up? Was I sleeping? My generalization was based on my personal experience that im trying to share. Nothing wrong with that. So very quick to judge and hate. Anyhow. Thx anyways. Peace out.