제 커버레터인데 괜찮을지 봐주세요…선배님들…

직장구함… 141.***.49.160 6307

참고로 이 회사 다니시는 분이 절 추천해 주시는 것인데…정말 정말 그곳에 입사하고 싶습니다…그래서 커버 레터라도 잘 만들고 싶은데 쉽지 않네요…조언 부탁 드려여….감사합니다.

XXX
    address
    telephone NO.
    e-amil add.

December 3, 2005
    Human Resource Director
    Department of Human Resource
    company name.
    company address.
    comapny telephone no.
    company fax no.

Dear Human Resource Director:

I was referred to you by Mr. xxx(Senior Technical Consultant), a partner with your New Jersey office, who informed me that applying for a position with your company. In December 22nd 2005, I will be graduating form the XXX University with a Master of Science degree in Management. I am writing to explore the possibility of employment because I am very interested in working for your company. If you have a job opening now or maybe later in the future, please consider me as a candidate for the job.

My education has given me a broad background in the field of Management. Course in business communication provided me with an understanding of effective business communication in cross-cultural setting and in my telecommunication management course, primary emphasis was placed on realistic e-business transactions. Besides this, my continuous experiences in my career have taught me how to deal with all phases of the business and ability to work as a member of a team. In the working environment the value of a team spirit has not been lost on me. Dedication to one’s work is also one thing that I have learned from my co-workers and superiors. I believe that I have the personal qualities that would fit me in harmoniously with your company.

My resume is enclosed with this letter, but I would welcome the opportunity of meeting with you personally to discuss my qualifications as they relate to your requirements. Please sent me any time at your convenience at this E-mail s xxx@hotmail.com or call me at this number (xxx)xxx-xxxx. If I am not around someone will take any messages you may have. Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely yours,

XXX

• dg 12.***.81.41

Don’t need to include the summary of your resume in cover letter.

This is mine.

My work ethic and overall positive life attitude is such that you will profit greatly from my presence within your organization. I am diligent in everything I do and am not a person that will give up easily. I know that to be a true success in life you must submit yourself to the authority placed upon you and encourage others to do the same. Lawful orders must be followed without question in order to have good success.
      Along with my vast skills, abilities and knowledge as a XXXX Systems Engineer, I am confident in recommending myself as a most valuable asset with your organization.
      I would like to thank you in advance for your time and kind attention in reviewing my enclosed resume and for my upcoming interview.

• 69.***.149.248

인사담당자 이름을 알아내서, 그 사람의 이름을 적어주는게 좋다고 들었습니다. Dear Human Resource Director 대신에요. 그리고, 가정법이 들어간 표현 (아마도…것이다…; I believe.. would..등등)들은 피하는 것이 좋다고 들었습니다. 우리나라사람 특성상 겸손하게 써야할것 같아서 그런 표현을 많이 쓰는데, 그러면 안된다고 하던데요. 위의 dg님 cover letter가 맘에 드네요.

• .. 64.***.106.88

If I am not around someone will take any messages you may have…->이런문장에 커버 레터에 들어가면 안됩니다. 제가 봤을때 쓸데없는 문장이나 단어가 너무 많습니다. 일단 페러그래프를 20-15라인정도로 줄여보세요.

• .. 64.***.106.88

제생각에는 너무 긴거 같습니다. 보니까 레쥬메에 있는 내용도 다시 썼는거 같은데 기본적으로 레쥬메에 말할수 없는 내용을 커버레터에 쓰는겁니다. 이번에 졸업 하시는거 같은데 엔트리-미드 레벨의 경우 하나의 페러그래프로 끝내는게 원칙입니다. 그리고 이렇게 길면 처음부터 보지도 않습니다.

• .. 64.***.106.88

위에 dg님의 커버레터처럼 20줄안에 끝나니까 1-2분안에 쓱읽어보고 레쥬메로 넘어가죠. 이렇게 길면 처다 보지도 않습니다.

• HR Manager 192.***.136.103

As HR manager (8 years so far) in consumer product company.
      The main objective of writing cover letter is why you are qualified for the position. You have to research job requirements and write why you are the best fit for the job. Please be specific!
      Write one or two example like your achievement/learning on project.
      It seems to me you don’t have any work experience based on your cover letter.
      Last, your voice is very weak which is very common in Korean culture.
      Please avoid it and re-write with more confidence.
      I don’t mind reading long cover letter as long as it is interesting.
      But do not write general cover letter for sake of cover letter.
      Hope it helps.

• 직장구함.. 141.***.104.36

감사합니다..^6^