비영리기관에서 인턴하는것도 CPT필요한가요?

alal 119.***.98.97 603

안녕하세요!
    이번에 2020년도 봄학기 입학을 두고 고민이 많습니다..
    입학후 바로 CPT신청은 불가능해서, 최대한 그동안 봉사활동이나 or unpaid internship for non-profit organizations를 하려고 계획중인데… 질문이 있습니다..

영리기관에서 인턴은 CPT 무조건 필수라고 알고있는데,
    비영리에서 인턴 (당연히 무급) 도 CPT 필요한가요?
    그리고, 비영리에서 volunteering은 당근 필요 없죠?

• 이직 199.***.103.58

무급 유급으로 칼같이 working여부가 나뉘진 않아요. 비영리에서 volunteering에도 일의 속성에 따라 working permit이 필요한 일로 간주될수 있다고 알고있어요. 학교 international center에 물어보고 확인받는게 가장 좋을것 같아요.

• alal 119.***.98.97

아.. 비영리에서도 일의 속성에 따라 working permit이 필요한줄 몰랐어요.. 감사합니다ㅠㅠ

• Bn 73.***.234.42

비영리재단에서 평소에 정직원 말고 자원봉사자가 하는 일: 자원봉사로 합법.

그 외 인턴같은 건 unpaid employment로 cpt 필요할 가능성이 높습니다.

• alal 119.***.98.97

글쓴이 인데, 혹시나 궁금해하실 분들을 위해 도움이 될까하고 올려봐요.. 다른 학교 홈피(UMASS at Dartmouth)에서 퍼온거에요
        Usually volunteering is very satisfying personally, even though you are not being paid for it.

You are helping people who may have fewer advantages in life.
        Besides the good feeling you get from helping, it’s a great way to network with people who share your interests.
        You may also gain valuable experience or even professional contacts for the future.
        You are not required to obtain special permission for this service, even though international students do need written approval for most instances of off-campus activity. This is because of the nature of what you will be doing, rather than the fact that you are not earning a salary or getting any kind of compensation.

Asking yourself these questions may help, if you’re not sure the activity is truly volunteer:

Is the service I’m providing charitable or humanitarian in nature?
        Am I free of pressure from the employer to accept no pay?
        Is my type of service usually paid for by the organization, or am I taking a paid job away from somebody else?
        Am I expecting that my volunteer service now will result in a good job for me later with this organization?
        Am I volunteering at a for-profit company or organization?
        If you can answer “yes” to the first two questions and “no” to the last three questions, then your service is in the volunteer category.
        출처
        https://www.umassd.edu/international_students/information-for-f-1-and-j-1-students/student-employment/volunteering-unpaid-internships-and-start-ups/

• ㅇㅇ 174.***.7.245

CPT 없이는 돈도 못받고, 인턴쉽을 한다해도 공식적인 인턴쉽이 안되기 때문에 공식 경력도 안되고, 그렇다면 꼭 CPT 없이 뭘 할 이유가 없어지게 됩니다. 무보수라고 하더라고 잠재적으로 미국인의 employment 기회를 빼앗는 포지션이라면 고용주 입장에서 CPT가 필요하게 되기 때문입니다. 자세한건 학교에 물어보는게 나을거 같아요.